Henderson EMA holding free training to teach you how to handle an emergency | News
HENDERSON CO., KY (WFIE)- Henderson EMA is holding emergency preparedness training.
It's called CERT. It stands for Community Emergency Response Team.
These are regular citizens who are trained by public safety professionals to respond to local disasters.
The course is 11 sessions long and lasts through the fall.
The program will provide training in:
- disaster preparedness,
- disaster fire suppression (hands on),
- disaster medical operations (hands on),
- light search and rescue (hands on),
- incident command system (ICS),
- disaster psychology,
- terrorism and meth lab awareness,
- full scale disaster simulation
- exercise (hands on)
The training is free and registrations will be accepted until all the class seats are filled (30 max).
If you are Interested, you are encouraged to register now or as soon as possible to assure your seat at the training.
There's also a free informational meeting coming up in September.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.