‘Rapid Response’ meetings for Patriot Coal Corp. employees | News
A special program is available to employees of Patriot Coal Corporation’s Bluegrass Mine Complex in Henderson County, who will be laid off when the surface mine closes.
Two separate one-hour informational sessions will be held at the mine headquarters (19070 State Highway 1078 South, Henderson) this week:
- Thursday, November 15th at 3 p.m.
- Thursday, November 15th at 5 p.m.
Staff from the Kentucky Career Center’s Green River office will present a “Rapid Response” program to help these employees find new jobs or receive training for new careers. These presentations will include information on key topics, such as:
- How to find a new job
- Testing to meet job requirements
- Understanding Unemployment Insurance
- Résumé assistance
- Free resources available to find a new career
- Career Center services
Funded through the Workforce Investment Act (WIA), “Rapid Response” is an early intervention service offered to businesses and workers affected by layoffs and plant closings, at no cost to the company or the participating employees.
If you are unable to attend one of these sessions, but would like to obtain the meeting information, please contact Michelle Drake at (270) 686-2542.
Top Henderson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning