Henderson Co. Detention Center approved for new substance abuse program | News
HENDERSON CO., KY (WFIE)-
The Henderson County Detention Center has received approval for a new substance abuse program.
Henderson County Judge Executive Hugh McCormick held a news conference Monday afternoon to make the announcement.
He tells 14 News the plan is to offer a six-month program that will help 50 women through their rehabilitation.
Currently, the jail has a 12-step and an AA program, but they wanted to offer something with a longer time frame, to help people have a better opportunity to stay clean.
Costs of the new program have yet to be finalized, but the new substance abuse program is set to begin on March 1st.
Top Henderson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning