Henderson family loses home in early morning fire | News
HENDERSON CO., KY (WFIE)- A family home in Henderson was lost in an early morning fire on North Alvasia Street.
Assistant Fire Chief Jerry Long tells 14 News that fire broke out just before 5:30 a.m. Monday morning.
He said the family was not home at the time. There were two cats inside that firefighters rescued.
Long says the home is considered a total loss, but luckily the homeowner did have insurance.
The American Red Cross says remembering simple tips like having home insurance and designating a family meeting spot in the case of a disaster can help you stay safe.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Henderson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Rain halted district baseball game to resume today
- KY magazine partners with celebrated O'boro artist to create issue cover
- Public Meeting on KY 144 reconstruction in Daviess County scheduled for Thursday
- Owensboro artist's work on cover of Kentucky Monthly
- Seven Hills neighborhood hosting annual Yard Sale Fiesta next month