New smelter bill could have negative impact on customers | News
HENDERSON, KY (WFIE)- Kenergy says the smelter bill as written could have a negative impact on industrial customers such as the Tyson Food Complex near the Henderson-Webster County line causing rates to go up.
Big Rivers says if the rate increase filed on January 15 is passed by the Public Service Commission, Tyson Foods could see a roughly 17% increase on it's yearly electric bill.
A statement from Tyson Foods says the Robards Complex is working with other businesses to submit an appeal.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Henderson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning