Green St. reopen after early morning fire in Henderson | News
HENDERSON, KY (WFIE)- Fire crews were met with big flames after an early morning house fire in Henderson.
It broke out around 2 a.m. Monday morning at 1140 Green St. in Henderson.
Officials say the home is a total loss.
Henderson Police were out patrolling around 2 Monday morning when they saw smoke coming from the back of the house.
They knocked down the door and realized no one was home. We got to the scene at 4am. The occupants of the house showed up a few hours later, having received a phone call from a friend who saw our live report on sunrise. They had been staying with a family member overnight.
Officials say the house is a total loss, with heavy smoke and fire damage all throughout.
Fire officials say they had several obstacles to work around when they first arrived.
No injuries were reported.
Crews were on scene well into the morning and Green St. was shut down for hours. It has since reopened.
Copyright 2013 WFIE. All rights reserved.
Top Henderson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning