Colonels advance in state baseball tournament | Sports & Recreation
Avery Pitt had two doubles and drove in five runs Tuesday morning as Henderson County advanced in the KHSAA Baseball Tournament, with a 10-0 shutout of North Oldham.
The Colonels built a 5-0 lead after four innings, then added five more in the fifth to end the game on the mercy rule.
Henderson County's winning pitcher was Sam Higgs, who walked one and struck out five, runninig his record to 8-4.
The Colonels play again Thursday. They're making their first trip to state since winning it all in 2000.
Top Henderson Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Started a business? Want to? Seminar can help
- Daviess County foster parents to be honored at state event
- Daviess Co. Sheriff's Office takes steps to promote safe driving during summer
- O'boro man facing over 1,000 counts of child porn appears in court
- Come "sit down" with the DCPS superintendent this morning